Hustle culture has been around since long before social media personalities. Key entrepreneurs made the trend surge in popularity because doing side-gigs on top of your full-time employment is not a novel idea. However, if there’s one thing we can’t deny about this generation is how the integration of technology allowed for a lot more possibilities and endless opportunities than originally intended.
In fact, even the seemingly passive and mostly self-fulfilling hobbies are now being transformed into side hustles that eventually turn into profitable business ventures that earn the luckiest and most hard-working of people with life-changing amounts of cash. But today, we aren’t here to talk about the glorification of the hustle culture, but rather understand why it’s always the tech-savvy people that manage to become the most successful.
#1 Brand Recognition Is Only Possible Online
We all understand that brand recognition is key to success; it’s always the brand names that stick around that we eventually end up remembering and buying on a whim on the least expected of days. And for any small-time entrepreneur that’s aiming for their side-hustle to become a full-time business, it’s only through understanding the ins and outs of the online platform wherein they can compete with even the most established companies.
- Navigating Social Media And Data Analytics: The first advantage tech-savvy people have is when it comes to navigating social media, the data analytics that comes with it, and applying its different nuances and implications. Unlike your traditional marketing strategies, the social media space is vastly different, and it takes a mind capable of reading trends to make their name known. In fact, whether your products cover dog toys or commercial staining rags, anything can be marketed online with the right skills.
- Networking And Connecting With Like-Minded Personalities: Strategic partnerships are nothing new in the world of business, and anyone with a mind for hustle culture will understand the benefits it can provide. However, networking and connecting with like-minded personalities on the online stage is a whole different playing field. Wherein a good move can land you budding partnerships of endorsements and another that could crash and burn in a matter of weeks.
#2 The Never-ending Demand For Digital Products & Media
An oversaturated market and conflict with shortages are among the many complex problems you run into when operating a traditional physical business. Still, if your side hustle completely operates off digital products and media, you net the benefit of a never-ending demand. You see, contrary to the appearance of having too much stuff online, people can’t get enough, and there will always be a niche to fulfill. And given these unique circumstances, only the tech-savviest people will comprehend the appropriate workarounds to make it all create results.
- Front-End Work For Long-Term Returns: Unlike your traditional side gigs that require the same amount of time and effort before they start paying off, side hustles that are more inclined to the online and digital aspects require more front-end work. As a result, while it may seem like your efforts aren’t producing any profits initially, they are cumulative by nature and build up for long-term returns. For example, social media managers are booming lately because creating a following and managing one is tough at first but scales in the future.
- Doesn’t Require A Lot Of Resources: Another advantage that tech-savvy people are first to pick up on is that side-hustles on the technical side don’t actually require as many resources as their physical counterparts. Sure, you’ll be needing a computer, investing in your skills, and other relevant factors, but from there on out, it’s usually just time and effort. And those most adept at managing their workflow and making seamless digital transitions reap the benefits.
#3 Everything’s Intrinsically Connected With Technology
In this day and age, nearly everything we own is intrinsically connected with technology in one way or another. And no matter how minimalistic or traditional we try to be, we can’t escape the fact that the convenience technology provides is something we cannot let go of in the 21st century. For this reason alone, tech-savvy people will always be in the more advantageous position because having the know-how is the first step to hustle culture magic.
- Business Continue To Migrate: We’ve all seen the massive migration businesses make from physical operations into the online digital platform due to the global pandemic. And what’s even more surprising is that this surge is continuing to this day, with more and more entrepreneurs trying their hand at becoming the next big thing. So, for as long as this digital transformation persists, there will always be a place for tech-savvy people to shine.
However, Not Every Hobby Has To Become A Hustle
Nevertheless, regardless of how the world plays in favor of the tech-savvy people in the hustle culture, we also want to remind everyone that not every single hobby you enjoy should become a hustle. You learn to appreciate things more when you do them out of love; don’t overlook that it can also evolve into many more.